Palendriai International Composers' Course 2016The Palendriai International Composers’ Course will take place 25th-31st July 2016.
Applications are now open for The International Composers’ Course Palendriai 2016!
Following the successful and encouraging results of the course last year, which gathered the participants from 10 different countries and contained exciting performances, workshops and individual tuition by internationally acclaimed music professionals – The International Composers’ Course Palendriai 2016 is welcoming new applicants interested to attend the course in Lithuania on the 25th-31st July, 2016.
Developing and broadening the repertoire of modern accordion in solo and chamber music context.
Apply online via www.palendriaimusic.com within the deadline of 1st of June.
You will be asked to provide:
- Personal statement describing you aspirations to take part in the composers’ course;
- Description of your compositional ideas for the course;
- PDF of your composition representing your capabilities, techniques and style. (Chamber music piece is recommended for the selection round. Audio recording is an advantage).
Candidates will be selected by the international jury consisting of course leaders and organizers. All applicants will be informed via email by the 15th of June.
You will be asked to produce at least 2 pieces of music.
- Accordion solo;
- Individually allocated instrumentation of chamber ensemble:
- Accordion and stringtrio (violin, viola, cello)
- Duet of Accordion and any string instrument from the stringtrio;
- Duet of Accordion and wind instrument (Tuba or clarinet only);
- Accordion and mixed chamber group up to 3 members in the ensemble (viola, clarinet etc);
- A few accordions (maximum 6) and any other instrument mentioned above. Maximum up to 5 members in the ensemble.
During the course all selected candidates will have the opportunity to work in the inspirational and creative environment, gain the experience in direct collaboration with performers and other composers, and learn from the course tutors GORKA HERMOSA (Spain), MARTYNAS LEVICKIS (Lithuania) and RUTA VITKAUSKAITE (UK/Lithuania). Moreover, the course will offer additional workshops with guest tutors.
Compositions produced during the course will be premiered publicly on the final day of the course at The St. Benedict’s monastery in Palendriai.
- The course will be held in English;
- The course is free;
- All applicants must be younger than 36 y.o.;
- Free accommodation will be provided;
- Travel expenses are not covered;
- All other important and up to date information can be found at palendriaimusic.com, for all enquiries please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizer: PI accoAkademija